According to comScore a leader in measuring the digital world released the search engine search rankings analysis of the U.S. search marketplace. Not surprising Google has 67% market share followed by Bing and Yahoo 16% and 12% respectively.
Changes at Bing: In 2013 Bing is spending more money on advertising, specifically targeting Google on its ad campaigns in order to get a piece of the Google’s search share. Additionally in 2013 organic search results on “Yahoo Search” are now powered by Bing. These two facts are driving SEO companies to not only consider optimizing for Bing but to actually engage in the Bing Webmaster Tool program provided by Microsoft.
|comScore Explicit Core Search Share Report*
December 2012 vs. November 2012
Total U.S. – Home & Work Locations
Source: comScore qSearch
|Core Search Entity||Explicit Core Search Share (%)|
|Total Explicit Core Search||100.0%||100.0%||N/A|
SEO Tips for both Bing and Google in 2013
- Improve website source code for SEO – Alt tags, page titles, page structure.
- Improve Body Content -Add unique content to optimized landing pages
- Increase Internal and External Links –Link building through reputable web partnerships.
- Implement Webmaster SEO server side files – Implement robots.txt, site maps files, Google analytics , Google webmaster tools, Bing Webmaster tools.
- Implement Social Media Signals – Implement Facebook integration, Tweeter, Google+ blog with social media engagement.
- Implement Positive Online Public Relations – Through reputable partners create positive public relations including positive reviews.
- Implement Online Press Releases – Write and distribute news worthy press releases through distribution channels to increase online audience as well as positive news source link building
- Additional Suggestions – Implement local SEO to include Google Local and Bing Business Portal.